Category: A Day Become Local Farmer
A Day Become Balinese Farmer
8:30 am or 1.00 pm
What You Can Expect
A Day To Learn About Bali’s Agriculture with Local Farmer
Bali has traditionally been very famous agriculture with its Subak system. Where Bali farmers are collectively bound by the irrigation group called Subak. The chief of Subak called Pekaseh, who will arrange the amount of water given for the member of Subak.
Today, most Subak uses machines in the process and leaves the traditional system behind. Therefore, Subak’s ancient patrimony and its instrument is no longer easily found in the community. The traditional farming class of Bali in the village of Taro is an educational activity to provide information and true-living experience in the rice field.
I would like to introduce you to the well-known rice system of the world, sustainable life and culture in Bali agriculture. See how rice develops from the first to the end of the process.
Learn more about Subak: The traditional Bali water management system (irrigation) is the manifestation of the Tri Hita Karana Philosophy which continues in the daily life of Balinese peasants.
Main event; After explaining the details of agriculture, it is time to put it into practice. In general, the activities are divided into 4 groups: seed preparation, plowing, preparation of the padi germs and planting.
1. Preparation of Padi seed.
2. plow the land.
3. Preparation of the germ.
- Learn about Subak System “Bali’s water irrigation system”
- Meet and greet the local farmer
- Enjoy the lush green view of ricefield
- Learn about how we grow and harvest the rice
- A private tour with friendly local experience guide
- Aircondition roundtrip transfer from your hotel
- Enjoy lunch with the farmers (please make a note if you have food restrictions, i.e vegan, vegatarian, gluten free, etc.)
- Drive through countryside of Bali
- A special gift from Guided Trekking Bali
Please contact us for availability
- Entrance tickets
- Welcome drink
- Private guide
- Snack & bottle water
- A/C Car
- Lunch or Dinner
- Personal expanses
- Gratuity for guides
- 8.00 AM for NUSA DUA, JIMBARAN, KUTA, SEMINYAK, LEGIAN, CANGGU, SANUR, SIDEMEN, AMED, CANDIDASA, LOVINA, GIANYAR area
- 9.00 AM for UBUD area
- Not sure with your hotel area? CONTACT US FIRST
- Confirmation of availability will be received within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking receipt
- Deposit of US $20 per person is require for confirmation. PAY DEPOSIT HERE
- Cancellation at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.