Category: Volcano Hike
Exclusive Sunrise Hike to Mount Batur Volcano
What You Can Expect
Catch the sun rising above the clouds as you climb Bali’s famous Mount Batur
Mount Batur is one of the active volcanoes that are part of UNESCO’s Global Geopark Network. At dawn, the sun above the clouds at Bali causes the sky to change through a color range. From black, it gets inky blue and then to pink before orange before exposing the Sacred Valley.
An experience that everyone visiting Bali must do is the sunrise trek to Mount Batur volcano. This popular volcano is 1,717m tall and commands a stunning vista of Lombok and the range of Gunung Agung, Bali’s godliest mountain and the highest place on Bali.
Hiking in the damp, morning darkness hides how difficult the hike really is. You are advised to have torches, hiking sticks and wet weather gears if you will be hiking on this trail. Hikers also like taking the path very early when it is still dark to do the up to two hour walk without feeling too tired. The best part of the hike is being able to experience a magnificent sunrise and the amazing dawn sights of the crater and the lake. You also get to see a local coffee plantation and learn about coffee beans produced in Bali and Bali’s coffee culture.
4 Hours Batur Guided Sunrise Hike – The Walk Under the Starlit Sky
During a guided group tour, the guide ensures that everyone in the group is fit and can make the hike safely. Generally, all guests are helped along the climb to the top of Mount Batur in cases where nobody is suffering from vertigo or any other illness.
The entire hike usually takes about 4 hours. Before dawn, the walk is cooler under the starlit sky. Once you get to the top, you can watch the sun to rise over the sea before completing the walk around the lake on the crater and the ridge at the top of the mountain. You then get to explore the newer lava flows and craters to see a volcanic landscape filled with exotic flowers and animals. You might be lucky enough to see native Balinese long-tailed macaques.
We also provide appetizers and a full breakfast of fruits, eggs, some sandwiches and tea or coffee. The breakfast is a complimentary part of the package and will help you stay energetic as well as plenty of water for you.
- Enjoy a more private route to climb Mount Batur (no crowds here!)
- Take in the spectacular sunrise from the summit!
- Go exploring with the best hiking guides from the Batur area
- Solo Travelers are more than Welcome to book with a Solo Traveler Add-On!
- Taste delicious eggs cooked with the steam from the fissures in the volcano
- A special gift from Guided Trekking Bali
- 01:45-02:00am: Hotel pick-up (depending on place of stay)
- 03:30am: Arrive at the starting point
- 03:35am: Short briefing. Trek Start
- 05:40am: Arrive at the top of the volcano
- 07:00am: Trek back to the starting point
- 08:30am: Drive to coffee plantation
- 11:30am: Estimated time of arrival back to your hotel
What to Bring
- Trekking / Running Shoes
- Cash / Money
- Changing Shirt
- Small Towel
Please contact us for availability
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-Off
- Trekking Guide
- Exclusive Breakfast
- Entrance Fees
- Hot Tea / Hot Coffee
- Parking Fee
- Trekking poles and torches/flashlights supplied if needed
- Raincoat (depend on weather condition)
- Extra Drinks
- Personal purchases
BOOK THIS TOUR
- 01.15 – 01.30 am : Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Candidasa, Lovina, Sidemen
- 1.30-1.45 am : Sanur Area
- 02.30 am : Ubud Area
- 01.00 am : Amed Area
- 3.00 am: Kintamani Area
- Not sure with your hotel area? CONTACT US FIRST
- Confirmation of availability will be received within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking receipt
- Deposit of US $20 per person is require for confirmation. PAY DEPOSIT HERE
- Cancellation at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.